By Tommy L. Lott,John P. Pittman
- Provides a accomplished serious survey of African-American philosophical thought.
- Collects wide-ranging, multidisciplinary, newly commissioned articles in a single authoritative volume.
- Serves as a benchmark paintings of reference for classes in philosophy, social and political proposal, cultural stories, and African-American studies.
Read Online or Download A Companion to African-American Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best philosophy reference books
The essays during this quantity assemble jointly Gellner's pondering at the connection among philosophy and existence and so they procedure the subject from a couple of instructions: philosophy of morals, historical past of principles, a dialogue of people together with R. G. Collingwood, Noam Chomsky, Piaget and Eysenck and discussions at the surroundings of philosophy within the normal tradition of britain and the USA.
Human rights have remodeled the way we conceive where of the person in the group and on the subject of the nation in an enormous array of disciplines, together with legislations, philosophy, politics, sociology, geography. the printed output on human rights over the past 5 many years has been huge, immense, yet has remained tightly certain to a idea of human rights as dialectically linking the person and the kingdom.
The main missed region of Kant's serious Philosophy is his collec tion of feedback approximately organic phenomena within the moment a part of the Critique of Judgment, the Critique of Teleological Judgment. the explanations for this are a number of, yet on the grounds that in Kant, every little thing is available in threes, a three-fold assortment will suffice.
Eugen Biser ist ohne Zweifel einer der wichtigsten Theologen der Gegenwart; seine Werke gehören jetzt schon zu den Klassikern der theologischen Literatur. Mit seiner Vorstellung von einem Glauben ohne Angst und einem versöhnlichen Gott trifft Biser den Nerv der Zeit. Hier wird nun von den führenden Biser-Experten in das vielfältige Denken Bisers eingeführt.
- Wittgenstein and Interreligious Disagreement: A Philosophical and Theological Perspective
- Obras morales y de costumbres (Moralia) XIII: 13 (Biblioteca Clásica Gredos) (Spanish Edition)
- Kant: Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals (Cambridge Texts in the History of Philosophy)
- Personal Identity as a Principle of Biomedical Ethics (Philosophy and Medicine)
- Nature's Principles: 4 (Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science)
- Solidarity (Philosophical Studies in Contemporary Culture)
Extra resources for A Companion to African-American Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to African-American Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Tommy L. Lott,John P. Pittman