By Ghenwa Hayek
Read or Download Beirut, Imagining the City: Space and Place in Lebanese Literature (Library of Modern Middle East Studies) PDF
Best violence in society books
Within the years after the 1st international struggle either Ulster and top Silesia observed violent conflicts over self-determination. The violence in higher Silesia used to be extra extreme either within the numbers killed and within the kinds it took. Acts of violation corresponding to rape or mutilation have been significantly extra universal in top Silesia than in Ulster.
A compelling examine brand new advanced dating among faith and politics In his moment booklet, bestselling writer Charles Kimball addresses the pressing international challenge of the interaction among fundamentalist Abrahamic religions and politics and strikes past indicators (the topic of his first publication) to the damaging and deadly results that their interplay can produce.
Powered by means of a using beat, smart lyrics, and assertive attitudes, rap tune and hip hop tradition have engrossed American formative years because the mid-1980s. even though the 1st rappers have been African americans, rap and hip hop tradition fast unfold to different ethnic teams who've further their very own cultural components to the track.
«Chiunque abbia avuto occasione di riflettere sulla storia e sulla politica» osserva Hannah Arendt «non può non essere consapevole dell’enorme ruolo che l. a. violenza ha sempre svolto negli affari umani. » In questo breve, densissimo saggio los angeles Arendt dà ragione della sua affermazione ripercorrendo i fatti storici degli anni Sessanta sullo sfondo di tutto il Ventesimo secolo.
- Violence in the Films of Alfred Hitchcock: A Study in Mimesis (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- How To Make Money as a Mediator (And Create Value for Everyone): 30 Top Mediators Share Secrets to Building a Successful Practice
- Unlocked Memories: Young Russians under German Rule
- A Century of Genocide: Utopias of Race and Nation
- Lynched: The Power of Memory in a Culture of Terror
- Control of Violence: Historical and International Perspectives on Violence in Modern Societies
Extra info for Beirut, Imagining the City: Space and Place in Lebanese Literature (Library of Modern Middle East Studies)
Beirut, Imagining the City: Space and Place in Lebanese Literature (Library of Modern Middle East Studies) by Ghenwa Hayek